We mainly target individuals who require some level of supported living care services. We also consider vulnerable people with complex needs.
We rehabilitated people with one or more of the following conditions or problems:
- Acquired Brain Injury—main client group.
- Challenging Behaviour
- Mental Health Needs
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Learning disabilities
Client Group Requirements
- prompting them to take their medication.
- assisting with re-establishing and sustaining daily living and social skills.
- boredom and isolation through the planning of in-house and external activities.
- support to engage in therapeutic interventions and attend specialist day care services.
- assistance with personal care issues.
- help with meal preparation and supervision whilst eating.
- assistance to manage their challenging behaviour and complex needs.
- continuous monitoring of clients because of their vulnerability to exploitation by others.
- assistance in participating in community activities
- identify and enrol in colleges or training courses.
- companionship and befriending to reduce social isolation when living alone.
- assistance to claim and manage their benefits.
- assistance with registering for and attending appointments with primary care services.
- escorting to appointments, shopping and recreational activities
- assistance with organising holidays and trips
OSS Supported Housing
One Stop Support ltd supported living accommodation is primarily aimed at people over the age of 16 years of age who are at risk. Our service is designed to allow individuals to live as independently as possible, with assistance from staff as needed. We empower each individual to make their own choices, allowing them to live their lives in the most liberating way possible. Our clients will be given a tenancy agreement and the same rights as anyone living in their own home. The importance of client selection cannot be overstated. As a result, living in a supported housing scheme allows people to live in a house as if it were their own, where they can feel safe knowing that they will receive care or support. Our assistance is tailored to each client’s specific requirements. Each client’s level of assistance is agreed upon from the start.
We carefully choose our housing units to be near the places of interest and access to transport, major supermarkets, local services, and health services.
One Stop Support ltd, staff have undergone mandatory training to meet the varying needs of our client group and to deal with individuals with challenging behaviour and complex needs. Our staff attend a wide range of training and continuous development courses to equip them to work effectively and professionally with our customers. Our support service is 24hrs and has staff on-site round the clock, with sleeping staff available during the night.
Care & Support
Life skills training
- Understanding nutrition and hydration.
- Preparing shopping list, going shopping.
- Cleaning & maintaining bedrooms and communal areas.
- Laundering & ironing clothing and bedding etc.
- Prompting socially acceptable levels of personal hygiene.
- Coaching on how to access welfare benefits.
- Benefits management
- Training on how to open up a savings account.
- Understanding their tenancies
Support to be in touch with professional services & liaison with other agencies.
- How to access education, training, & employment opportunities
- Coaching in accessing local Support Services e.g Drug & Alcohol and counselling services and also working in collaboration with GPs, Dentists, and Opticians etc.
- Health & Safety, and Fire safety training
- Staff giving emotional support.
- Organizing social events & holidays
- Respecting other clients’ religious and cultural observances
- Re-establishing contact with family and friends
- Conflict resolution between neighbours or other tenants
- Prompting and support with personal hygiene.
- Management & administration of medication
Entertainment and recreational pursuits have been identified as important aspects of our work with individuals. We encourage our clients to develop and engage in interesting activities, inside and outside their home.
Education & Vocational training
We value education and training as it promotes an independent lifestyle. Clients tell us about their ambitions and aspirations and are encouraged and assisted to access a range of educational and occupational activities in line with them.
We offer our clients opportunities to go on group or individual holidays to any country as well as planning and budgeting for the trip. However, due to COVID-19, the service is suspended until further notice.